The next European Parliament elections will take place on 22nd May 2014 and EYPUK is excited to announce our website project to hear YOUR views in the lead-up to the day.
We will gather together articles to be published on our website on issues linked to the elections and what it means to be European today. We welcome academic articles about the elections and the current situation in Europe and the European Parliament, as well as opinion pieces on your own personal views about being European and engaging with European politics. Below are some questions you could use to help get some ideas flowing:
- Is using your vote in the European elections important?
- How does the voting system work in the European elections?
- What does European identity mean to you?
- Should young people be more actively engaged in European politics? How can this be achieved?
- What does Euroscepticism stem from? What does it mean for Europe?
- What issues does Europe face after the May elections?
If you wish to contribute to this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas. The deadline for submitting articles is 4th May 2014.
We look forward to hearing your views!